Good evening mate!

I'm in the writing mood right now.

Can't really sleep and I spent most of my day taking naps and watching some movies. I watched a movie called Smart People today with Dennis Quaid, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Ellen Page. I have to admit, a very entertaining movie. I'm a very big fan of indie films and Miramax continues to stay on the right path of releasing good independent films.

The plot of the movie pretty much involves Dennis Quaid as some self serving Professor at a university who has a stick up his ass. He has a dysfunctional family: the eldest son goes to the same university he teaches at and is hooking up with an asian chick that's in the same board as him. Ellen Page is his daughter who's also self absorbed and is all about over-achieving. Then there's his free loading brother who comes along to make the family more dysfunctional then it already is.

The entire family is so caught up with their own personal issues that they live a life of unhappiness. Sarah Jessica Parker steps in as a doctor who was formally a student of Dennis Quaid and they end up hooking up. She pretty much helps him find himself and to redirect his life in doing things that make him happy. Coupled with some interesting dry comedy I absolutely loved the movie. It was hilarious. It also makes you think how people plan their lives so accordingly to their rules that they forget to be happy and live life for itself.

I definitely recommend it if you're into indie flicks with known actors.

0 comments: